Either you’re going to Vietnam for a date or an important event like honeymoon vacation, you won’t be disappointed. With beautiful landscape, romantic settings and peaceful atmosphere, Vietnam is a dream-come-true romantic getaway you could wish for. If you’re planning for a perfect Vietnam honeymoon tour with your loved one, take note now in our travel guide Vietnam Honeymoon – Things to do in Vietnam for Couples and Newlyweds.
Couples would love to stay at Da Lat – the romantic town adorned with French architecture and all colors of flowers. Not crowded with tourists like Sapa or Halong Bay, you can expect privacy while enjoy many activities together. To feel even more romantic, book your room at one of the French villas and hotels. A night date at Xuan Huong Lake is a fantastic experience for both of you. And if you visit Da Lat in late January and February, don’t miss the fantastic views of Mai Anh Dao, Da Lat’s very own cherry blossoms.
>>Vietnam Honeymoon Package for you:
Romantic Da Lat 3 Days
Things to do & see in Da Lat for couples:
- Date at Xuan Huong Lake – located right at the center of town – if you want to have even more fun, why not ride a swan boat together?
- Couple time at Da Lat Flower Park – enjoy the colors of hundreds of flowers and plants. When you come to Da Lat during blooming season, the city with its flower gardens and valleys become the best dating spot in Vietnam.
- Spend time at Valley of Love – enjoy the romantic scenery
- Visit Da Lat waterfalls – Prenn Falls, Pongour Falls or Dalanta. Da Lat also has a popularity for its primitive, dramatic waterfalls. Why not spend time for a short picnic at these place, enjoying the nature with just two of you.
- French romantic time at Bao Dai’s Palace, Ngo Dinh Diem and Nguyen Cao Ky villas, Hang Nga villa…
- Visit Da Lat’s pink grass hill near Dan Kia – Suoi Vang Lake with no entrance fee. The hill is not only one of the best locations for a photoshoot but also a wonderful dating spot for couples.
Best stays in Da Lat for couples:
Ana Mandara Villas Dalat – Le Lai Street, Ward 5, Da Lat, Lam Dong Special feature: castle-like with French architecture with amazing surrounding of pine hills.
Dalat Palace Heritage Hotel – 02 Tran Phu Street, Da Lat Special feature: glamorous interior with Western style
Dalat Edensee Lake Resort & Spa – Tuyen Lam Lake, Zone VII.2, Da Lat, Lam Dong Special feature: location near Tuyen Lam Lake
Con Dao Island
Located in Ba Ria – Vung Tau province, Con Dao makes a wonderful romantic getaway alternative for Phu Quoc with less tourists meaning more privacy. Couples would absolutely love Con Dao for its wild natural beauties, romantic beaches and luxury hotels and resorts. Not to mention the seafood in Con Dao is various and delicious with specialties like Oc Vu Nang, moon crabs, lobsters and herbal jam… A boat ride to surrounding islands would excite couple’s stay even more.
Things to do & see in Con Dao Island for couples:
- Enjoy scuba-diving and snorkeling to see the sparkling colorful coral reefs and the colorful fishes under the sea. Con Dao is one of the best place in Vietnam for this activity.
- Chill and relax on the pristine Dam Trau Beach. The beach is wonderfully pristine and beautiful, with no crowds to invade your privacy.
- Nightlife at Lacasa Con Dao – Cocktail Bar & Local to enjoy the incredible ambiance and the large-sized tasty cocktails.
- Date at Nhat Beach or the famous Shark Bay for its turquoise water and rock rapid. If you are staying at a hotel nearby, you can have a romantic dinner set on the beach with all the lights, flowers and champagne.
- Riding motorbike around the island to enjoy the adventure of true beauties of nature. Con Dao has one of the most rich island in Vietnam with primitive wildlife on both land and under the see. The life of the people here is also peaceful and worth seeing. Hire a motorbike from your hotel and get around the coastline road and enjoy the wind.
- Short trek to Con Dao National Park and if you’re lucky you might see the wild animals here. In Con Dao, turtle reservation activities are also often held here. If you’re going in a right time, you will get to see people help guiding baby turtles to the ocean.
Best stays in Con Dao Island for couples:
Poulo Condor Boutique Resort & Spa – 3-star
Special feature: near Vong Beach
Six Senses Con Dao – 5-star, Dat Doc Beach, Con Dao
Special feature: private villas, infinity pools
Con Dao Resort – Nguyen Duc Thuan Street, Con Dao
Special feature: private bungalows
Phu Quoc Island
Phu Quoc, the Pearl Island deserves to be your ultimate destination for couples and Vietnam honeymoon. With the wide range of luxury and modern beachside hotels and resorts, Phu Quoc ensures your stay to be romantic with most privacy as possible. Things to do in Phu Quoc for couples and newlyweds include visiting pearl farms, joining organic cooking class, relaxing at Star Beach, enjoying spending your time at Vinpearl Land. Don’t forget riding cable car to Pineapple Island if you want even more natural scenery and privacy.
Things to do & see in Phu Quoc Island for couples:
- Have fun on Sao Beach – the most beautiful beach on Phu Quoc with white sands and turquoise water. This is also the ideal beach for swimming for is gentle waves and snorkeling for the coral reefs. If you want a wedding photoshoot in Phu Quoc, Sao Beach is the place to go.
- Join an organic cooking class – a wonderful chance to be close with nature and enjoy Vietnamese delicacies together in such a healthy way. Nothing more romantic than a couple learning to cook new dishes while traveling together.
- If you think Sao Beach and other beaches have too many people for you. Have the whole empty Ong Lang beach just for the two of you. This is one of the public beach on Phu Quoc island with less tourist crowding it all the time.
- Have fun at Vinpearl Land Phu Quoc where you can enjoy exciting indoor, outdoor games, aquarium, water park, fairy castle square.
- Get to Hon Thom island by cable car to enjoy the panoramic views of the island from above. Hon Thom is a sweet little island which still remains untouched by mass tourism. Coming to Hon Thom, you can enjoy snorkeling, swimming and eating seafood. Visiting the local people market to see the busy morning here when the boats coming back from the sea.
Best stays in Phu Quoc Island for couples:
Eden Resort – 3-star, Tran Hung Dao, Cua Lap, Phu Quoc
Special feature: excellent cuisine, looking out to the sea
Chen Sea Resort & Spa Phu Quoc – Bai Xep, Ong Lang
Special feature: private, clean and beautiful beach
Salinda Resort Phu Quoc – Tran Hung Dai, Cua Lap, Phu Quoc
Special feature: luxury interior and wide beachfront
Sapa is just the town of love with its golden fields, floating clouds, foggy mornings and beautiful mountaintops. Even though you might find it a little touristy yet the atmosphere of Sapa is just so romantic for couples to enjoy their trip together. With a lot of places for you to claim your love like the Love Waterfall, Sapa deserves to be number-one destination for your date.
Things to do & see in Sapa for couples:
- Date at the Ham Rong Mount’s park – flower garden and nice views over Sapa town.
- Short trek to Love Waterfall – a wonderful place to take picture of you two with the legendary waterfall of love. This is also a nice place to enjoy the natural scenery.
- Ride Muong Hoa train together and visit Fansipan peak – the train is designed with Western style, running above the beautiful Muong Hoa valley, bringing you to the cable car’s station to ‘Indochina Roof’ – Fansipan Peak. You should visit before sunset to enjoy the magnificent scene of Vietnamese mountain range, dyed in purple sun rays. The peak is also home to the highest Buddhist copper statue in Vietnam.
- Trek to tribal village to see the golden terraced fields in harvest season. Muong Hoa Valley is home to many ethnic villages such as Cat Cat, Ta Phin, Ta Van… During the harvest season, the graceful terraced rice fields all turn into golden patches, creating such a phenomenal sight to behold in Sapa.
- Join the Love Market on Saturday night – it’s a wonderful and memorable experience to your trip. You and your beloved can wander round to enjoy the atmosphere of this very special market.
Best stays in Sapa for couples:
Topas Ecolodge – 3-star, Thanh Kim, Sapa
Special feature: infinite pool overlooking Hoang Lien Son Mountain Range
Hôtel de la Coupole – MGallery by Sofitel – 5-star, Hoang Lien Son Street, Sapa
Special feature: close to Sapa’s center, balcony looking to Fansipan mountain, luxury dinning setting
Silk Path Grand Resort & Spa Sapa – 5-star, Doi Quan 6, Group 10, Sapa
Special feature: western architecture, views to Fansipan, balcony filled with roses.
Hue is the destination for couples who prefer slower style of traveling with a lot more of cultural activities. Visit Thien Mu Pagoda to enjoy the view of Perfume River – the one river that has inspired generations of Vietnamese artists. One site you shouldn’t miss on your date to Hue is the Imperial Citadel where time seems to stop. Other places to see in Hue are Trang Tien Bridge and Ngu Binh Mount.
Things to do & see in Hue for couples:
- Discover the Imperial City, one of the World’s Cultural Heritages in Vietnam built by the Nguyen Dynasties based on the royal citadel in Beijing, China. The citadel also boasts a sparkling scene after nightfall.
- Enjoy the atmosphere of Thien Mu Pagoda and romantic scenery of Perfume River – the very river that has inspired many artworks of Vietnamese artists.
- Walk on the colorful Trang Tien Bridge. The bridge becomes so colorful when lighted up at night. Not only Trang Tien is a sightseeing, it’s also a historical landmark.
- Visit XQ Historical Village for nice ambiance and exhibition of Vietnamese traditional embroidery. Coming here, you can’t help to be enchanted by the beautiful set-up and nice, vintage atmosphere.
- Enjoy Hue delicacies and shopping souvenirs at Dong Ba Market. If you and your loved one like to explore the city around and try street dishes, Dong Ba Market is the number-one place for you. All the best dishes of Hue can all be found here. Food in Hue is cheap, you will absolutely love it.
- Pay visit at Tomb of Tu Duc and enjoy the wonderful scenery and the unique architecture of the resting place.
- Visit Hue for the Hue Festival which is held every 2 years, from April to May to celebrate the cultural values of Hue
- Visit Hue’s beautiful traditional garden houses
Best stays in Hue for couples:
La Residence Hue Hotel & Spa – 5-star, 5 Le Loi Street, Vinh Ninh Ward, Hue, Thua Thien-Hue
Special feature: Romantic outdoor dining setting
Angsana Lang Co – 5-star, Cu Du Village 1, Loc Vinh Commune, Phu Loc District
Special feature: having a mountain as its backdrop
Pilgrimage Village Hue -4,5-star, 130 Minh Mang Road, Hue, Thua Thien-Hue,
Special feature: Asian architecture style
Ha Long Bay
If you don’t have many ideas for your Vietnam honeymoon, just choose Halong Bay, you can’t go wrong. As a world heritage, Ha Long boasts with astonishing beauty of more than 1600 limestone islands and islets scattering all over the green sea water of the Tonkin Gulf. Visitors to Ha Long Bay can enjoy the scenery, the beautiful caves, romantic sunset and an overnight stay on the bay. And if Ha Long stills seems to be too crowded for you, Bai Tu Long Bay and Lan Ha Bay nearby can always be your alternatives.
Things to do & see in Halong Bay for couples:
- Have the entire luxury cruise through the world’s wonder set for only two of you. Every detail of your honeymoon cruise holiday to Halong Bay is taken care of to make it the most significant and romantic.
- Enjoy the greenish water in the bay: you can enjoy many activities here such as swimming, diving, snorkeling, and kayaking.
- See the wonderful karst caves like Dau Go Grotto and Surprising Cave – such masterpieces of karst structures with glittering stalactites in all kinds of shapes and sizes.
- Relax on Titov beach, kayaking around Titov island. The island is the ideal site for all active water activities for couples. You can enjoy a kayaking tour to nearby tunnel caves.
- Spend an overnight on the world wonder bay on the luxury cruise to take in the most spectacular sunset in Vietnam.
- Join a cooking class together to learn how to cook some of Vietnamese delicacies with the instruction of a professional chef.
*Best Halong Bay cruises for couples: Au Co Cruise, Indochina Sails Cruise, Huong Hai Sealife Cruise, Bhaya Legend Cruises, and Pelican Cruise…
Hanoi would make a wonderful honeymoon vacation for couples who are on a budget and love to explore culture. The city boasts both modern conveniences and traditional charms. If you find Old Quarter is a little bit too crowded for you, head to West Lake which offers much vaster lake view than the Sword Lake and you can enjoy more privacy.
Things to do & see in Hanoi for couples:
- Water Puppetry Show – enjoying a performance of world famous Vietnamese folklore art together will be a memorable experience in Hanoi. This activity is for couples love to explore local culture and new things together.
- Tour around Hanoi Old Quarter for a street food trip enjoying most delicious dishes of Vietnam. Eating street food in Hanoi isn’t just about food, it’s also about interacting with the locals and enjoy the atmosphere of the city.
- Enjoy the sunset at West Lake from the oldest pagoda in Hanoi – Tran Quoc Pagoda which is the oldest pagoda in Hanoi, built as worshiping place towards the god that protects the country.
- Visit Long Bien Bridge – built during French colonialism, now seen as one of the symbol of the capital of Vietnam.
- Day trip to Ba Vi National Park – where culture and nature intertwined. If you are a couple who prefer active outdoor activity, why not bicycling on one of the most beautiful road in Vietnam?
- Make pottery together at Bat Trang Pottery Village – a chance to learn more about a Vietnamese handicraft. And you can buy these little pretty things home as gifts.
- Soak up the cultural atmosphere at Duong Lam Ancient Village – one of the rare village in Vietnam still can keep most of its traditional form. Enjoy the culture, the architecture and people’s friendliness.
Best stays in Hanoi for couples:
Sofitel Legend Metropole Hanoi – 5-star, 15 Ngo Quyen, Hoan Kiem Dist.
Special Feature: French architecture, vintage atmosphere, convenient location
Silk Path Hotels & Resorts – 5-star, 195 – 199 Hang Bong str, Hoan Kiem dist, Hanoi, Vietnam
Special feature: top-notch dining facilities, several interesting events
Golden Silk Boutique Hotel, -4-star, 109-111 Hang Gai Street, Hoan Kiem District
Special feature: cozy, warm atmosphere
As a world heritage, Hoi An boasts an enormous legacy in architecture, traditional culture and Vietnamese cuisine. Newlyweds will find themselves immersing in the atmospheric night of the ancient town where lanterns light your way. The poetic Thu Bon River becomes aglow when night comes – it’s such a sight to behold. Hoi An is also a great base for you to enjoy exciting day trips to the outskirt handicraft villages or blue beaches. Surely, Hoi An is your best date in Vietnam.
Things to do & see in Hoi An for couple:
- Get your new clothes made by the best tailors in Vietnam for a surprising cheap price. Or you can rent Ao Dai for your wedding photoshoot at any Hoi An clothe store. Once you have the matching clothes for the vintage backdrop, find the best corner for your photo time!
- Boat ride and drop the flower lights on Thu Bon River. Along the river, there are many locals who sell flower lanterns for a price under 10,000VND for each. Also you will be offered to take a boat ride to float these lights on the river and send a wish. We recommend couples this activity which will be one of the most emotional moments in Vietnam in your trip.
- Visit on 14th night of lunar month when all electric lights are all turned off and the lanterns raised, creating a phenomenal sight.
- Admire the architecture treasures of the ancient town: Tan Ky Old House, Phung Hung Old House, the iconic Japanese covered bridge, and Chinese assembly halls.
- Taste Hoi An delicacies – especially famous restaurant Banh Mi Phuong. One must thing to do in Hoi An is to check out the night market where you can find all the best dishes here like Mi Quang, Cao Lau, White Roses and more.
- Take a short cooking class in Hoi An to know how to cook some Vietnamese dishes
- Relax on Cua Dai Beach with the white sand bank and blue sea water. Another beach in Hoi An is An Bang Beach. Both beaches are known for its white sands and turquoise water. Spend your time to enjoy the water, the sun and you can work on your tan without being bothered by tourist crowds.
Best stays in Hoi An for couples:
Homestay Heron House – An My, Cam Chau, Hoi An
Special feature: Fusion architecture between French and Vietnamese styles
The Beach. Little Boutique Hotel & Spa – 4-star, 19 Lac Long Quan, Cua Dai, Hoi An
Special feature: nice ambience, charming fusion
Allegro Hoi An – 84 Tran Hung Dao Street, Hoi An
Special feature: lovely details and decoration
You have all the destinations for your honeymoon vacation noted down. Next? Choose what suit you and your loved one most, come up with a perfect idea for your romantic trip and let Asianway Travel make it come true. Our travel experts with extensive knowledge about Vietnam travel will not only arrange your most important holiday in your lifetime perfectly but also give you advice to even make your trip most memorable. See our most recommended honeymoon tours here: