Meal provided: Lunch (Pho – Noodle), Dinner (Street food)
Morning, transfer to visit West Lake, the largest lake of the capital, once was named “Foggy Lake” from its misty condition. Its name was changed to “West Lake” in 1573 to avoid the given name of King Le The Tong. Stop at Tran Quoc Pagoda, the oldest pagoda in the city, originally constructed in the sixth century during the reign of Emperor Ly Nam De, thus giving it an age of 1,400 years. Have ice cream at West Lake Ice cream – Kem Ho Tay – right opposite the Tran Quoc Pagoda. Then continue to Temple of Literature (Vietnamese name is Quoc Tu Giam) – Vietnam’s first University, which was built in 1070 in honor of Confucius, his followers, and Chu Van An, a moral figure in Vietnamese education.
Have your first taste of Hanoian life by trying the real authentic flavor of Pho – a famous Vietnamese Noodle. Your guide will lead you to the quintessential local Pho stall in the Old Quarter frequented by the locals.
Continue to visit the Hilton Jail or Hoa Lo prison, a prison used by the French colonists in Vietnam for political prisoners, and later by North Vietnam for prisoners of war during the Vietnam War when it was sarcastically known to American prisoners of war as the “Hanoi Hilton”. A quick stop at The Huc Bridge which leads to Ngoc Son Temple. Continue to St Joseph’s Cathedral, a 19th-century neo-Gothic church built with the Notre Dame of Paris in mind. The church is a gathering place for the largely Roman Catholic community of Hanoi and is also popular with tourists. Constructed when the French first occupied the city, St. Joseph Cathedral is a striking example of colonial architecture in Hanoi. Say goodbye to your driver.
Evening, you and your local guide will continue with Hanoi Walking Street food tour through the wet market to grilled pork, fried pancake, Vietnamese traditional bread, dried beef salad, Steamed Rice Roll, mixed fruit, Hanoi beer, dessert sweet soup or egg coffee. (List of food is subject to change). Settle in and enjoy the rest of the day at leisure. End of Tour
Note: Our guide will design a food trail to suit the way leading to your hotel. Settle in and enjoy the rest of the day at leisure.
Back to top
Tour prices shown are 'per person', based on a traveling party of at least 4 adults. If you intend to travel alone, the cost might be much higher. However, you also earn money by using the Share button above to invite your friends and family, traveler forum's members to book this tour with you.
The 'Single supplement' applies for single travelers who require their own room and needs to be added to the tour price.
Note: Amendments CAN be made to this tour to suit your requirements, but may incur price changes
• Meals mentioned in the itinerary
• Entrance fees for all visits as mentioned in the program
• Travel by private, air-conditioned vehicle with an experienced, safe driver
• Private English-speaking guide with a legal license in each region
• 01 bottle of mineral water/pax/day
• All taxes and service charge
• Bank fees for both sides (Prefer cash on arrival)
• Visa to Vietnam
• Personal expenses (laundry, telephone, shopping)
• Tipping for guide, driver
• Drinks and other meals which are not indicated in the program
• Travel insurance
• International arrival and departure air ticket and airport tax
• Any additional expenses caused by reasons beyond our control such as natural calamities (typhoon, flood), flight delays, rescheduling or cancellations, any accidents, medical evacuations, riots, strikes etc…
• Surcharge for Holiday/Peak Season
• Other services which are not mentioned clearly in the “Including” item
• Ages 0-2: free of charge for tour. Airfare depends on Airlines's policy at booking time
• Ages 2-5: 50% of adult price. Airfare depends on Airlines's policy at booking time
• Ages 6-10: 85% of adult price & airfare full charges
• 11 years and older = 100% (charged as an adult)
Back to top
Service Details During The Trip
We’ll immerse you in the diverse cultures of Vietnam by showcasing the unique local flavors. And with the perfect balance of included sightseeing and free time, you can customize your dream vacation with the things you have always wanted to do.
- Private Local Tour Guide You will have legally licensed local tour guide in each destination, from welcome and farewell you at the airport. Your guide will guide, help, assist and taking care of you in order to make your tour worry-free. The good guide for you means we arrange the right guide. Asianwaytravel.com will arrange tour guide base on the feature of the itinerary and consists of the group, to maximize your experiences in traveling.
- Private Drivers & Vehicle Safety is first priority for transportation. A well maintained good condition car with legal business licensed and an experienced driver to make sure you are in safe hands. To maximize your comfort and joyful experience with driving service, cold drinking water, cold towel and soft drink are provided in the car.
- Local Flavor Meals Don’t worry about meals; we select both restaurants and menus for you. Asianwaytravel.com will select clean and good environment restaurants for our customer. Menu is also carefully selected by us to ensure you try different food every meal.
We will recommend and arrange local cuisine since it is part of the cultural experience while traveling. We also recommend dinners are free on your own so you can choose your favorite food by yourself under necessary assistance of your local guide.
- Well-Selected Hotels Comfort and good value is our priority for choosing hotels for our customers. Comfort of mattress and bedding, joyful decoration style, user friendly facilities, good service and good breakfast!
Most countries in South East Asia require you to obtain a visa. Please check carefully with your travel specialist regarding specific visa requirements for each country you plan to visit as the legislation does change frequently. Thailand offers a free visa on arrival to most nationalities. Other countries including Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia and Myanmar offer a “visa-on-arrival” service which requires you to pay a fee at the airport, or you may prefer to obtain this in advance through the relevant embassy or a visa agent. For visa-on-arrival in Vietnam, you must submit some paperwork before you arrive.
This is an option to get your visa for Vietnam instead of getting visa at the Vietnam consulate in your country.
We will send the visa approval letter via email to you after 7 working days.
- Step 1: Provide us your application details
• Your full name (as exactly seen on your passport)
• Your gender
• Your date of birth
• Your nationality
• Your passport number
• Your passport expiration dates ( with at least 3 vacats pagess and valid for at least 6 months)
• Date of arrival ( dd/mm/yy)
• Date of exit (dd/mm/yy)
• Arrival airport
- Step 2: Process your visa information into a visa application
We will contact you for reviewing your visa information and then submit your application on your behalf to Vietnam Immigration department and follow other procedures pursuant to the regulations of Immigration department to get Visa approval letter granted by Immigration department.
After we obtain the visa approval letter from the Immigration department for you, we will forward you a scanned copy of it by email (Your visa information then have been recorded to the Visa system of the Vietnam Immigration department).
Step 3: Get your visa stamp on your arrival
Just print the approval letter out, prepare 2 passport sized photos and an amount of USD for stamping fee ($25 for single entry visa; $50 for 1 month multiple entry visa ). Put all above mentioned things along with your passport in a package, then show them to Immigration officer at Vietnam arrival airports.
Upon arrival at Vietnam’s airport, expect a simple form to fill in (or you can download here to fill beforehand), present the visa approval letter, passport, photos to the Immigration officer inside the counter and look for a place to hear your name be called to get the passport back and pay for the stamping fee. The actual process takes around 15 minutes without hassle or trouble.
For those who is applicable for E-visa, our travel experts will consult case by case.
Back to top