Vietnam Glance Tour is ideal for the first-time visitor to Vietnam, taking in all of the main highlights in just under 10 days. You will be enjoying the very best bits of the country in culture, nature and cuisine.
Meals: No Meal
Fly to Hanoi, VIETNAM
Welcome to Vietnam.
- Upon arrival at Hanoi Airport, obtain your Vietnam visa ( with pre-approval letter) , and then clear Immigration and Customs.
- After collecting your baggage, exit the airport to meet outside our driver. He/she will be holding a sign with your names on it.
- From the airport, you will be privately transferred to your lovely hotel.
- After a short rest, we will drive through Colonial Hanoi, seeing the Hanoi Opera House and other local sights.
- Visit to Vietnam National History Museum, and continue to the Temple of Literature, which dates back to 1070 and is dedicated to the cult of Confucius.
- Next enjoy an electric tram tour or cyclo tour through the Hanoi’s Old Quarter, a network of narrow alleys and shop houses also known as “The 36 Streets”.
This is a wonderful place to watch the local life, and peruse items from fabrics to crafts to exotic medicines.
- Enjoy a traditional Vietnamese water puppet performance, a uniquely North Vietnamese art form celebrating rural life and folklore for over 1,000 years, this evening.
Accommodation: Stay 2 nights in Hanoi
Overnight Halong Bay Cruise on traditional style cruise (junk):
- Watch rural Vietnamese daily life unfold as you pass water buffalo, ancient temples and local farmers at work in the rice paddies en route to Ha Long Bay. Called the “Bay of the Descending Dragons,” legend has it that dragons sent by the gods to help defend the land against ancient invaders spat out jewels and jade that became the many emerald-green islands and islets that dot the bay today.
- Welcome aboard your cruise and sail through the Halong Bay.
- Allow your eyes to swim through the azure waters of this magical place, where thousands of sculpted limestone and islands rise from the water like gigantic teeth of dragons.
- Pass through picturesque areas like the Fighting cock, Mat Quy and Am islets.
- A delectable lunch is served shortly upon boarding and you find yourself getting acquainted with the facilities of the boat. The boat starts to cruise into the Bay and within the first hour you can enjoy this World Heritage Site.
- A first visit will take you by bamboo boat (or kayaking based on your preference) to the Luon Cave. Enjoy quiet space and pure air, you will feel relaxed truly. If lucky, you will have chance to see monkeys on islands.
- The voyage continues with the arrival at the Soi Sim or Ti Top beach for swimming if the weather permits. Or you can reach on the top of Soi Sim beach to have a panorama view of Halong Bay.
- After returning to the boat in the late afternoon you can sharpen their culinary skills at our cooking class performance conducted by our energetic chef in the sun desk. Surely you can give him a helping hand any time and try your skills in preparing special Vietnamese dishes.
The boat cruises slowly with the evening sun to its mooring points.
If not now when then it is time to enjoy a massage or at least to quaff a drink – in the miraculous descending sun – on our terrace deck.
- At approximately 19.00h guests can attend a presentation in the restaurant area about the Halong Bay before dinner is served. The night is yours – kick back on a comfy pillowed bench and inhale the surreal beauty whilst sipping a glass of wine.
Accommodation: Stay 1 night on board.
Air conditioner & private bathroom Cabin.
For early risers complimentary tea, coffee and pastries are served in the restaurant followed by – if you so desire – a Tai Chi Class on the terrace deck. A great morning activity to feel one with this natural wonder. Then it is time for an early morning bath – in the Bay. By tender boat we bring you to Sung Sot Cave – Amazing cave. Walk up about 100 steps to the cave entrance and tour the cave for approximately 45 minutes. Walk down about 100 steps and return to the boat. Proper shoes are highly recommended.
Return to the boat then check-out and payment in reception area. Have brunch while cruising back through Halong Bay to the pier. The crew will bid you farewell and you disembark with our tender boat to the Tuan Chau Pier.
Return from Halong to your hotel in Hanoi by shuttle bus.
The rest of day at your leisure.
Morning, you'll be transferred to the airport in time for your flight to Hue
Fly Hanoi to Hue on Vietnam Airlines VN 1541, departing 08:55, arriving 10:05
Economy Class - Issued By Asianway Travel (Luggage allowance: 20kgs +7kg hand bag)
Welcome to Hue.
- Upon arrival at Phu Bai Airport. After collecting your baggage, exit the airport to meet our guide. He/she will be holding a sign with your names on it.
- From the airport, you will be privately transferred to visit Thien Mu pagoda. The pagoda sit on the riverbank outside the city, this octagonal seven tier stupa has long been regarded as the symbol of Hué and was founded in 1601. It is still a site of Buddhist worship and its huge bell is said to be audible from the city.
Afternoon tour of Imperial Citadel & Royal Mausoleum:
- After lunch at local restaurant (on own account) you’ll visit the Imperial Citadel and the Forbidden Purple City nearby. Modeled on the Forbidden City in Beijing by the Nguyen emperors in the early 19th century, the city was badly damaged during the war but the imposing city walls surrounded by a large moat afford good views of Hué. The palace retains a feeling of its past scale and importance, with detailed stonework and pavilions and it is at the moment in the process of being restored to its former magnificence.
- Continue to explore Emperors Tombs Hue’s environment is dotted with tombs of past emperors of the Nguyen Dynasty. Construction of the tombs was meticulous carried out starting whilst the king was still alive in order to ensure his comfort in the next life. Most of the tombs have courtyards, a temple for worship, statues of elephants and figures and a pond, but the layout of each is different reflecting differing each king’s personality and style. They have a lovely peaceful atmosphere. Each ruler of the Imperial City built his own tomb during his reign. You can choose one of three King tombs to visit: Khai Dinh, Tu Duc or Minh Mang
Road journey from Hue to Hoi An:
- After breakfast, you’ll be driven south along highway 1 to Hoi An, a journey of approximately 3 hours with a short visit Cham architecture & art museum in Danang.
Afternoon tour of Hoi An:
We discover how the traditions of the past are treasured in the present in Hoi An on the Thu Bon River, a key international trading port between the 15th and 19th centuries – now a UNESCO World Heritage Site for its well-preserved, centuries-old streets, dwellings, temples and pagodas, touring Hoi An's historic highlights, explore its shop-lined streets, view the red-painted Japanese Covered Bridge - the three Chinese characters over the door mean "bridge for passers-by from afar" and tour the 200-year-old "Phung Hung" house, noted for its unique architecture. What you'll see there will reveal much about the lives of Hoi An merchants long ago.
- Visit the workshop of a traditional lantern maker for a demonstration of this time-honored craft; meet the artisans and try your skills as you create your own lantern to take home. Hoi An, the cobblestone streets in the old French Quarter are a delight to roam with many cafes, art galleries and handicraft shops. Hoi An is especially well known for its local artists and tailor made clothing, with over sixty shops providing this service in town. The remainder of the day is free at leisure.
Accommodation: Stay 1 night in Hoian
Morning, you'll be transferred to the airport in time for your flight to Ho Chi Minh.
Fly Danang to HCMC on Vietnam Airlines VN 113, departing 12:10, arriving 13:30
Economy Class - Issued By Asianway Travel (Luggage allowance: 20kgs +7kg hand bag)
Welcome to HCMC. Upon arrival at HCMC Airport. After collecting your baggage, exit the airport to meet outside our guide. He/she will be holding a sign with your names on it. From the airport, you will be privately transferred to your lovely hotel .
Afternoon tour of Saigon:
- To day we discover Saigon's historic landmarks including the former Presidential Palace which was once headquarters for the Saigon Government during the "American War", and the War Remnants Museum, established in September 1975 in Ho Chi Minh City. It contains countless artifacts, photographs and pictures documenting some of the less heroic activities carried out by the US army in Vietnam. Planes, tanks, bombs and helicopters are also on display.
- Next visit the 1880's General Post Office and the late 19th century Notre Dame cathedral, located in a peaceful part of the city.
Accommodation: Stay 3 nights in HCMC
Road journey through the Mekong Delta to Tan Phong, via Cai Be:
- Leave the city by minivan and drive south to Cai Be in the Mekong Delta, a journey of approximately 2 hours. The Mekong Delta is Vietnam's 'rice bowl' - a fertile region of flat farmland interlaced with thousands of waterways and tributaries of the Mekong. The delta's waters are interspersed with rice fields, colorful floating markets and isolated villages accessible only by boat.
- On arrival in Cai Be embarkation, set off by motor boat to visit the Cai Be floating market and watch the locals trading fruit and many other commodities on board their vessels.
- Visit a small family business to see how coconut candy and crispy rice popcorn are made.
- Then wander into the small villages to visit the orchard and fruit plantation, accompanied by traditional southern Vietnamese folk music.
- Keep cruising through a series of small canals to experience the charms of the Upper Mekong Delta.
- Arrive in Tan Phong island, the green pearl of Vinh Long town where you can immerse yourself in nature.
- Enjoy your cooking experience and learn how to prepare special Vietnamese dishes. Food cooked by yourself and fresh river food served in the heart of the garden. Relax on the hammocks to get back your energy.
- Afternoon we cycle around the village path with fruit orchards and bonsai garden.
- Cycle around the village path with fruit orchards and bonsai garden. Meet the local islanders to learn more about the local daily life in the Mekong delta.
- Take a boat ride back to Cai Be, meet your bus for the trip back to Ho Chi Minh city.
Morning tour of the Cu Chi Tunnels:
- This morning, enjoy scenic drive through the countryside as people work on their rice paddies and thatched hut villages scattered along the way.
- Visit a local village making rice paper, a well-known product used to make the delicious spring rolls. Arriving at the Cu Chi Tunnels to explore part of the 151-mile underground network that zigzagged from the southern tip of the Ho Chi Minh Trail near Cambodia to the Saigon River. Cu Chi is a must for anyone interested in understanding a vital aspect of guerrilla warfare fought by the Vietnamese against both the French and the Americans. These crisscrossing tunnels were begun in the late 1940s by local resistance fighters looking for a place to hide their weapons from the French. Discover secret trapdoors, field hospitals, command posts, underground kitchens, living areas and meeting rooms.
Today free at leisure until transfer to the Ho Chi Minh airport in time for your flight to the next destination.
We wish you a safe and pleasant journey.
Tour prices shown are 'per person', based on a travelling party of at least 2 adults, and sharing a room. If you intend to travel alone, the cost might be much higher. However, you also earn money by using the Share button above to invite your friends and family, traveller forum's members to book this tour with you.
The 'Single supplement' applies for single travelers who require their own room and needs to be added to the tour price.
Note: Amendments CAN be made to this tour to suite your requirements, but may incur price changes
• 7 nights base in double/twin sharing rooms at centrally located & well sel ected Comfort hotels (3 star-hotel).
[ Superior (4 star-hotel), Luxury (5- star hotel), High-end (best of the best hotel) properties are also available upon request]
• 1 night on board cruise in Halong Bay
• Daily buffet or set breakfast at hotel and all hotels taxes and service charges.
• Domestic flights Hanoi- Hue, Danang-HCMC (baggage allowance of 20kg checked and 7kg carry on)
• Pick-ups and transfers by private air-conditioned vehicle as specified in the itinerary.
• Travel by air-conditioned vehicle with an experienced, safe driver.
• Sightseeing with local, English-speaking guides as indicated in the itinerary.
• Meals included as indicated as in program: B: breakfast, L: lunch & D: dinner.
• Boat cruise as specified in the programmed.
• Entrance fees according the above program
• Local bottled water while sightseeing and transfers
• VAT and all taxes and service charge.
• Complimentary Vietnam visa pre- approval letter
• International flight tickets and Visas stamp ( US$ 25 paid on arrival at airport)
• Any items of purely personal nature such as laundry and telephone calls
• Personal, travel and health insurance
• Early check in and late check out
• Single room supplement
• Drinks during meals
• Meals that are not specified
• Gratuities/tipping to tour guide, driver and hotel staff and restaurant’s staff
• Surcharge for peak season & compulsory dinner on X’mas and New Year’s Even
1. All of our itineraries can be tailor-made to suit your requirements, allowing us to create the perfect holiday just for you. Please click on the “Tailor this trip" button and complete the requested information for us. Upon receipt, our travel consultant willcustomize the best value vacation for your kind consideration. Please note: Changes CAN be made to the itinerary after our initial quote, but may result in a price change also!
2. We are aware that a good tour must have good hotels. In Indochina in particular (Vietnam, Cambodia & Laos) hotel prices make up the major expense of your holiday. Therefore, we would like to clarify how we define these charges:
• Boutique & character hotels : from $50-$80 USD per room/ per night
• Comfort = 3 star hotels from US$ 40 - US$ 60 per room/ per night
• Superior = 4 star hotels from US$ 80 - US$ 110 per room/ per night
• Deluxe = 5 star hotels from US$120 - US$ 190++ per room/ per night
• High-end = Best of the best hotels fr om US$ 250++ per room/ per night.
3. Child policy:
• Ages 0-2 years at 5 % of adult price
• Ages 2-5 years at 30% of adult price
• Ages 6-11 at 70% of adult price
• 12 years and older = 100% (charged as an adult).
We’ll immerse you in the diverse cultures of Vietnam by showcasing the unique local flavors. And with the perfect balance of included sightseeing and free time, you can customize your dream vacation with the things you have always wanted to do.
Most countries in South East Asia require you to obtain a visa. Please check carefully with your travel specialist regarding specific visa requirements for each country you plan to visit as the legislation does change frequently. Thailand offers a free visa on arrival to most nationalities. Other countries including Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia and Myanmar offer a “visa-on-arrival” service which requires you to pay a fee at the airport, or you may prefer to obtain this in advance through the relevant embassy or a visa agent. For visa-on-arrival in Vietnam, you must submit some paperwork before you arrive.
This is an option to get your visa for Vietnam instead of getting visa at the Vietnam consulate in your country.
Step 3: Send the visa approval letter via email to you after 2 working days
After we obtain the visa approval letter from the Immigration department for you, we will forward you a scanned copy of it by email (Your visa information then have been recorded to the Visa system of the Vietnam Immigration department).
Step 4: Get your visa stamp on your arrival
Just print the approval letter out, prepare 2 passport sized photos and an amount of USD for stamping fee ($45 for single entry visa; $65 for 1 month multiple entry visa and $95 for 3 multiple entry visa). Put all above mentioned things along with your passport in a package, then show them to Immigration officer at Vietnam arrival airports.
Upon arrival at Vietnam’s airport, expect a simple form to fill in (or you can download here to fill beforehand), present the visa approval letter, passport, photos to the Immigration officer inside the counter and look for a place to hear your name be called to get the passport back and pay for the stamping fee. The actual process takes around 15 minutes without hassle or trouble.
What are the differences between this process and getting visa at Vietnam embassies?
It is only applicable for those who travel to Vietnam by air. You only need fill out the visa application form online instead of visiting the Vietnam embassies or sending documents to Embassies over by post.The online visa application does not require sending your passport away.You get a visa approval letter issued by Vietnam Immigration Department indicating that you are allowed to enter Vietnam and have your visa stamped upon arrival at one of Vietnam international airports.
Wonderful, personalized, private tour of Vietnam
Absolutely fantastic tour from beginning to end. I have been on many tours in my life, and this trip was exceptional in every way. I credit Ms. Phi Mai of Asianwaytravel for designing a great tour by planning the perfect trip. Her attention to detail from our first contact through the end of the trip insured a memory of a lifetime. Everything happened exactly as planned, on time. The tour was entertaining, educational and just plain fun. I saw sights and had experiences that were memorable. In short, the variety and extent of experience were incredible. All guides were knowledgeable
Amazing Trip to Vietnam from North To South
We ( me and my wife)had a great time visiting North and South Vietnam in a private tour organized by Asianwaytravel Co from September 21 to September 29th . Everything was very well planned and happened just the way it was planned. Very nice hotels, Very comfortable car and driver and the guides were just full of knowledge and very eager to share the knowledge. We are very happy with our tour and recommend AsianwayTravel Co for any one interested in visiting Vietnam in a private tour.
Send us a quick inquiry so that we can offer you an itinerary
with price for your information. This short inquiry is FREE and
NOT a commitment for booking.