Take a break in Mai Chau, a scenic patchwork of villages and limestone cliffs less than 150 kilometers from Hanoi. This beautiful mountainous area with thick jungle, bamboo groves, tea plantations and waterfalls lends itself to fantastic walks and mini treks to ethnic minority villages
Depart from Hanoi to
Mai Chau –
an idyllic valley home to many hill tribes including the Dzao, Muong and Thai. Arrive in Mai Chau around noon, you will have lunch at a local restaurant.
You will visit the villages as Lac, Poom Coong... the resident of mostly Thai people. They still remain their traditional weaving work. Walking/cycling in about 2 hours.
Continue your driving in about 10 minutes to Mai Hich village, be welcomed by the Thai family at their house. You can take a stroll around their village before having dinner and relax at leisure.
Overnight in Mai Chau
In the morning, you can take a walk/cycle around village to discover the Mai Hich. You will have time to meet local people, talk with them and find out their traditional culture. Take it all in the spectacular scenery of Mai Chau and the relaxed rhythm of local life. After Lunch, time for relax before driving back to Hanoi.
Farewell the lovely valley.
- Tour prices shown are 'per person', based on a travelling party of at least 2 adults, and sharing a room. If you intend to travel alone, the cost might be much higher. However, you also earn money by using the "Find travel mate" button above to invite your friends and family, traveller forum's members to book this tour with you.
- The 'Single supplement' applies for single travelers who require their own room and needs to be added to the tour price.
- 1 night at Mai Chau Ecolodge hotel
- 1 breakfast, 2 lunches & 1 dinner
- Entrance fee and sightseeing fee as listed in the itinerary
- Experienced English speaking tour guide (other languages upon request)
- All relevant transfers and transportation in private air-conditioned vehicles
- Local taxes & Service charge
- All drink and meals do not listed in itinerary.
- Insurance, gratuities and personal expenses.
- Peak season or Public holidays surcharge if any
- Tipping for guide, driver and hotel bell boys, etc.
We’ll immerse you in the diverse cultures of Vietnam by showcasing the unique local flavors. And with the perfect balance of included sightseeing and free time, you can customize your dream vacation with the things you have always wanted to do.
Most countries in South East Asia require you to obtain a visa. Please check carefully with your travel specialist regarding specific visa requirements for each country you plan to visit as the legislation does change frequently. Thailand offers a free visa on arrival to most nationalities. Other countries including Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia and Myanmar offer a “visa-on-arrival” service which requires you to pay a fee at the airport, or you may prefer to obtain this in advance through the relevant embassy or a visa agent. For visa-on-arrival in Vietnam, you must submit some paperwork before you arrive.
This is an option to get your visa for Vietnam instead of getting visa at the Vietnam consulate in your country.
Send us a quick inquiry so that we can offer you an itinerary
with price for your information. This short inquiry is FREE and
NOT a commitment for booking.