If you have a short stop in the South, let’s experience what are not available in other regions of Vietnam: the bustling life on the Mekong tributaries, historical traces of the American war, and exciting life in Saigon - the hub of new cultural flows, the attraction of most hectic people, the rendezvous of modern Vietnamese contrasts.
Arrive in Ho Chi Minh, greetings and transfer to the hotel for refreshing. Early check in is up on the room’s availability (Check-in time at the hotel is 14.00).
This afternoon, take a visiting to Cu Chi Tunnels, one of the few remaining monuments to the Vietnam War. Beneath the ground lie 200 km of tunnels, dug by hand and inhabited by the forces of the Vietnamese guerrillas during the conflict. At its peak, prior to the Tet Offensive in 1968, the tunnel complex was base to almost 10,000 troops. To this day, it remains one of the most impressive examples of how fierce the war used to be.
Free evening and discover the city by yourself or choose below
Evening optional activities:
1. A O show (bamboo dance, acrobatic & music) – at Saigon Opera (Price from US$ 28 to US$ 45/ per ticket)
2. The Mist Show (modern dance and ballet) at Saigon Opera house (Price from US$ 28 to US$ 45/ per ticket)
3. Saigon’s nightlife & foodies tour by Scooters (2.5 hour – price will be updated)
Overnight in HCMC
Transferring from the centre of Ho Chi Minh City at 7.30, you will reach Cai Be at 10.00am. We will pick up you at the first stop-over - Cao Dai Temple in Cai Be which is symbolizing for the local unique religion and then the Cai Be Cathedral.
After that, you will embark on the boat to visit the inland and floating markets of Cai Be to observe the daily life of local people as well as to know how the two markets different from each other.
You will buy fresh tropical fruits right at locals’ own boats and have chance to talk to them for exploring more their own culture value along with their daily life.
Leaving the market, you will continue with a hand-rowing boat tour to discover the exciting Mekong river life. The small boat will travel through the tiny canals and lead you to our mysterious spots on the river.
Back to the main tourist boat and transfer to local hosted family (located on Tan Phong Island).
Take a short rest, have a drink and taste the local fresh fruits.
Next, we will cycle around to visit Tan Phong Island. If it is on schooldays, you will also have a chance to make friends with local cute and gentle pupils in a village school. Stop at a local farmer’s house to savor a cup of tea and local specialties of banana candies. You can try plucking the fruits at the host’s garden and talk to him to understand how local farmers take care for their gardens.
Saying goodbye to the hospitable host, we keep on biking to the bang conical hat (nón bàng) workshop if they open. You will cycle back to the family for lunch with local food and break before embarking on boat to leave Tan Phong Island for the pier to heading Can Tho.
Arrival in Can Tho, check in your local home-stay. Spend the night at the rustic home
Overnight in Can Tho
In the early morning at 05.30 AM, you will take a boat to Phong Điền floating market – the local market where they pick the tropical fruits from their garden to sell there and have an opportunity to talk to the sellers on their boats. Then you continue to cruise through a beautiful small canals to reach Cai Rang floating market – The biggest whole sale tropical fruits on floating market.
Continue to visit a local family who made noodles by handmade with 3 generations and you can try to learn how to make noodle with them. You will have a light breakfast on local restaurant beside beautiful and quiet canals.
Go back to the family where you can relax in the garden or take cycling to visit blacksmith family who are working for 50 years and made thousands of knifes and learning this experience by communicating with local people. Then, you continue to visit some local activities and communicate with local people who will share culture and enjoy fresh fruits on the orchards garden.
After lunch, drive back to HCMC. Left time of the day, you can relax or go shopping at the highest tower of Vietnam, Landmark 81.
This day, flexible visiting to some famous landmarks in Saigon city such as: War Remnants Museum, Reunification Palace, Notre Dame Cathedral, Central Post Office, Saigon corner café, China town…
Depending on your departure flight, your private driver will pick you up from the hotel and transfer you to the airport in time for your flight to the next destination. They will ensure you are the correct gate. We wish you a safe and pleasant journey.
• 02 nights base in double sharing rooms at centrally located & well selected 3 star hotels
1. All of our itineraries can be tailor-made to suit your requirements, allowing us to create the perfect holiday just for you. Please click on the “Tailor this trip" button and complete the requested information for us. Upon receipt, our travel consultant will customize the best value vacation for your kind consideration. Please note: Changes CAN be made to the itinerary after our initial quote, but may result in a price change also!
2. We are aware that a good tour must have good hotels. In Indochina in particular (Vietnam, Cambodia & Laos) hotel prices make up the major expense of your holiday. Therefore, we would like to clarify how we define these charges:
• Boutique & character hotels : from $50-$80 USD per room/ per night
• Comfort = 3 star hotels from US$ 40 - US$ 60 per room/ per night
• Superior = 4 star hotels from US$ 80 - US$ 110 per room/ per night
• Deluxe = 5 star hotels from US$120 - US$ 190++ per room/ per night
• High-end = Best of the best hotels from US$ 250++ per room/ per night.
3. Child policy:
• Ages 0-2 years at 5 % of adult price
• Ages 2-5 years at 30% of adult price
• Ages 6-11 at 70% of adult price
• 12 years and older = 100% (charged as an adult)
We’ll immerse you in the diverse cultures of Vietnam by showcasing the unique local flavors. And with the perfect balance of included sightseeing and free time, you can customize your dream vacation with the things you have always wanted to do.
Most countries in South East Asia require you to obtain a visa. Please check carefully with your travel specialist regarding specific visa requirements for each country you plan to visit as the legislation does change frequently. Thailand offers a free visa on arrival to most nationalities. Other countries including Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia and Myanmar offer a “visa-on-arrival” service which requires you to pay a fee at the airport, or you may prefer to obtain this in advance through the relevant embassy or a visa agent. For visa-on-arrival in Vietnam, you must submit some paperwork before you arrive.
This is an option to get your visa for Vietnam instead of getting visa at the Vietnam consulate in your country.
DestinationsDanang / Bana Hills / Hue /...
Tour styleBeaches & Islands, Clas...
Price from US$ 425 / person
Send us a quick inquiry so that we can offer you an itinerary
with price for your information. This short inquiry is FREE and
NOT a commitment for booking.