If you have a very short stop in the North Vietnam, visit its most attractive nature world heritage - Halong Bay, then stroll around to enjoy the rural landscape and ancient relics of Ninh Binh. This itinerary is perfect for things to do in Hanoi for 4 days.
Please note: All museums closed on Monday. Alternatives will be recommended accordingly.
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner
Around 7.45am - 8.15am, you will take a shuttle bus Halong Bay, a World Heritage with thousands of limestone and dolomite island and islets.
- Stop on the way to visit Hai Duong “Green mung bean cake town”, or the Ceramic town at Dong Trieu.
- Upon arrival in Halong, to be welcomed aboard and begin the cruise into the bay. Located in the Gulf of Tonkin, Halong Bay is one of the world's outstanding natural wonders, resembling a geographic work of art with thousands of limestone islets soaring dramatically from the clear emerald waters. This densely concentrated zone of karts islands, world famous for its spectacular scenery of grottoes and caves, is a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
On this tour, witness the tranquil beauty and breathtaking scenery from the decks of the cruise, complete with bat-winged sails. Gliding through the gin-clear waters of the bay, absorb one of the most magnificent natural splendors of the Far East. See tiny islands dotted with rock arches, sheer cliffs, innumerable white sand beaches and peaceful coves.
You will stop to visit a floating village in the Bay.
Overnight in a private cabin on board in Halong Bay
Meals: Breakfast and Lunch
- In the morning, you keep spending your time on cruise. A Taichi class in the early morning will help you charging energy for a new day.
- Enjoy sunrise on the sea with breakfast in a beautiful restaurant: Halong Bay.
- You will visit a cave, then, check out your cabin while cruising back to the harbor.
- Your shuttle bus drive you back to Hanoi.
- At about 4.30pm, arrive in Hanoi, check in your hotel.
- The left time of the day, you can relax at leisure at your hotel or discover the Old Quarter by yourself.
Overnight in Hanoi
Meals: Breakfast and Lunch
Ninh Binh is just 2 hours' drive south of Hanoi yet feels a world away from the busy capital. This is an area famous for its dramatic landscapes - rice paddies and waterways between limestone peaks.
- This morning you will be picked up from your hotel and driven to the beautiful area of Ninh Binh often described as Halong Bay on land.
- In Ninh Binh you will visit the ancient capital of Hoa Lu where you will visit Dinh and Le temples. This scenic temple is dedicated to founder of the once-impressive citadel it sits within called Ding Tien Hoang. The small 17th century gardens are beautifully shaded, a delightful respite from the heat of the day, and feel very authentic. All around are the limestone karsts, and a similar temple is just down the road.
- After lunch, you also take a paddle boat ride through the beautiful karts limestone fringed waterways of Tam Coc, means 3 caves. On the boat you will venture through water caves, seeing alive activities of local on the banks of river, goats eating grass on lime-stone mountain... This trip allows for amazing photographic opportunities in a unique Vietnam landscape, a world away from Vietnam's frantic cities.
Drive back to Hanoi at about 5.30pm.
Depends on your flight time, you will collect your luggage for transfer to airport for your flight to next destination.
Farewell Hanoi. Trip ends.
Booking period: from now on to 30June
Travel period: from 01May19 - to 30Sep19
- Visa stamp fee (required upon arrival)
- All drink and meals do not listed in itinerary.
- Insurance, gratuities and personal expenses.
- Peak season or Public holidays surcharge if any
- Tipping for guide, driver and hotel bell boys, etc.
We’ll immerse you in the diverse cultures of Vietnam by showcasing the unique local flavors. And with the perfect balance of included sightseeing and free time, you can customize your dream vacation with the things you have always wanted to do.
Most countries in South East Asia require you to obtain a visa. Please check carefully with your travel specialist regarding specific visa requirements for each country you plan to visit as the legislation does change frequently. Thailand offers a free visa on arrival to most nationalities. Other countries including Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia and Myanmar offer a “visa-on-arrival” service which requires you to pay a fee at the airport, or you may prefer to obtain this in advance through the relevant embassy or a visa agent. For visa-on-arrival in Vietnam, you must submit some paperwork before you arrive.
This is an option to get your visa for Vietnam instead of getting visa at the Vietnam consulate in your country.
Step 3: Send the visa approval letter via email to you after 2 working days
After we obtain the visa approval letter from the Immigration department for you, we will forward you a scanned copy of it by email (Your visa information then have been recorded to the Visa system of the Vietnam Immigration department).
Step 4: Get your visa stamp on your arrival
Just print the approval letter out, prepare 2 passport sized photos and an amount of USD for stamping fee ($45 for single entry visa; $65 for 1 month multiple entry visa and $95 for 3 multiple entry visa). Put all above mentioned things along with your passport in a package, then show them to Immigration officer at Vietnam arrival airports.
Upon arrival at Vietnam’s airport, expect a simple form to fill in (or you can download here to fill beforehand), present the visa approval letter, passport, photos to the Immigration officer inside the counter and look for a place to hear your name be called to get the passport back and pay for the stamping fee. The actual process takes around 15 minutes without hassle or trouble.
What are the differences between this process and getting visa at Vietnam embassies?
It is only applicable for those who travel to Vietnam by air. You only need fill out the visa application form online instead of visiting the Vietnam embassies or sending documents to Embassies over by post.The online visa application does not require sending your passport away.You get a visa approval letter issued by Vietnam Immigration Department indicating that you are allowed to enter Vietnam and have your visa stamped upon arrival at one of Vietnam international airports.
Halong Bay, Ninh Binh, Hanoi & Saigon
Great service from Asianway travel team. They painstakingly worked to customize the package and gave valuable inputs to make the trip a memorable one. One of the best tailored package by Ms Emma. She also gave helpful tips on shopping, local places to visit and to and drink. Always attentive to our needs and catered to our queries on the entire trip. Also gave safety tips for a incident free travel. Also the two guides in Hanoi (Mr Thanh & Mr Khwe) and Mr Win (Saigon) were very knowledgeable and always looking after our needs. They always went out of
Great Experience to Hanoi, Halong and Ninh Binh
Highly recommend the Hanoi Halong Bay and Ninh Binh to anyone who visits Vietnam if your time is limited. Our guide Mr. Cuong was very informative about the places we went to, which included Hanoi, Halong, Tam Coc and this input makes our Vietnam experience more meaningful and memorable. He was very accommodating and helpful to everyone. Thank you, Cuong The travel from Hanoi to Halong then Ninh Binh and back was also comfortable and was on time. It was a worthwhile trip. Big thanks.
Wonderful personalised tour to Ha Noi Ninh Binh, Halong Bay and Sapa
I couldn’t be more glad that I booked with Asianway. They were prompt in establishing contact through Whatsapp! Emma and Tracey were simply excellent and their interest in making the trip comfortable and pleasant was obvious. The attention to detail with meas and accomodation was commendable. I was touring with my elderly parents. They too felt that the tour was very well organised and the company had a genuine concern for our safety and well being. Tracey went out of her way to sort out a last minute glitch with my flights too, even though I hadn’t booked the flights
Send us a quick inquiry so that we can offer you an itinerary
with price for your information. This short inquiry is FREE and
NOT a commitment for booking.