At 8.30am, our tour guide and driver will come and meet you at the lobby of hotel. After greeting, your tour guide will introduce briefly about the schedule today. Be ready for open air on a driving motorbike and start the trip.
First visiting is Temple of Literature, which dates back to 1070 and is dedicated to the cult of Confucius. Nowadays, this is the symbol of Vietnamese people’s love to studying. Next visiting is Ethnology Museum which focuses on the 54 officially recognized ethnic groups in Vietnam. With indoor and outdoor exhibitions, you will not only see the exhibits but also have chance to visit real houses of ethnic minority.
Drive back to Hanoi Old Quarter for Lunch with “street food” but served in a restaurant. We want to secure the food sanitation but give you taste of traditional Vietnam food.
This afternoon, take a rider passing Ba Dinh square and West Lake. We will finish the motor biking trip today at Mr. Hoa’s house which is a small house locating at a small ally on Hang Than street. He and his wife are only people who keep the traditional handicraft of make paper mask. During this time, they are busy with prepare for Autumn festival. Take time to chat with them and discover how Vietnamese children celebrate their event in the past and present. Then we start trekking to the Old Quarter.
The streets these days are colorful with items for children. Along Hang Ma Street, the most colorful street in the Old Quarter, you can see many type of game and things as lantern, mask, drum… They are both traditional and modern toys.
Keep walking in the Old Quarter. We will stop to buy Moon cake which we will enjoy later.
Visit a traditional house on Ma May street, where your tour guide will introduce about local life and history of the Old Quarter.
Finish the trip today at Hang Bac communal house. Even on the street, it is busy and noisy, in the Communal house, you can feel the peace and quiet. Have tea and enjoy Moon cake you’ve just bought while chatting about any of your interest together. Hopefully that you love Hanoi after the trip.
End of services./
Back to top
- Tour prices shown are 'per person', based on a traveling party of at least 2 adults, and sharing a room. If you intend to travel alone, the cost might be much higher. However, you also earn money by using the "Find travel mate" button above to invite your friends and family, traveler forum's members to book this tour with you.
- The 'Single supplement' applies for single travelers who require their own room and needs to be added to the tour price.
- Note: Amendments CAN be made to this tour to suite your requirements, but may incur price changes
- Motorbike with driver and helmet
- English speaking guide
- Entrance/visiting fees
- Tea and Moon cake
- Gratuities/tipping to tour guide, driver and accommodation’s staff
- Personal expenses
- Hotel in Hanoi
- Drinks during meals
- Anything not described clearly in “Inclusion”
Back to top
Service Details During The Trip
We’ll immerse you in the diverse cultures of Vietnam by showcasing the unique local flavors. And with the perfect balance of included sightseeing and free time, you can customize your dream vacation with the things you have always wanted to do.
- Private Local Tour Guide You will have legally licensed local tour guide in each destination, from welcome and farewell you at the airport. Your guide will guide, help, assist and taking care of you in order to make your tour worry-free. The good guide for you means we arrange the right guide. Asianwaytravel.com will arrange tour guide base on the feature of the itinerary and consists of the group, to maximize your experiences in traveling.
- Private Drivers & Vehicle Safety is first priority for transportation. A well maintained good condition car with legal business licensed and an experienced driver to make sure you are in safe hands. To maximize your comfort and joyful experience with driving service, cold drinking water, cold towel and soft drink are provided in the car.
- Local Flavor Meals Don’t worry about meals; we select both restaurants and menus for you. Asianwaytravel.com will select clean and good environment restaurants for our customer. Menu is also carefully selected by us to ensure you try different food every meal.
We will recommend and arrange local cuisine since it is part of the cultural experience while traveling. We also recommend dinners are free on your own so you can choose your favorite food by yourself under necessary assistance of your local guide.
- Well-Selected Hotels Comfort and good value is our priority for choosing hotels for our customers. Comfort of mattress and bedding, joyful decoration style, user friendly facilities, good service and good breakfast!
Most countries in South East Asia require you to obtain a visa. Please check carefully with your travel specialist regarding specific visa requirements for each country you plan to visit as the legislation does change frequently. Thailand offers a free visa on arrival to most nationalities. Other countries including Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia and Myanmar offer a “visa-on-arrival” service which requires you to pay a fee at the airport, or you may prefer to obtain this in advance through the relevant embassy or a visa agent. For visa-on-arrival in Vietnam, you must submit some paperwork before you arrive.
This is an option to get your visa for Vietnam instead of getting visa at the Vietnam consulate in your country.
We will send the visa approval letter via email to you after 7 working days.
- Step 1: Provide us your application details
• Your full name (as exactly seen on your passport)
• Your gender
• Your date of birth
• Your nationality
• Your passport number
• Your passport expiration dates ( with at least 3 vacats pagess and valid for at least 6 months)
• Date of arrival ( dd/mm/yy)
• Date of exit (dd/mm/yy)
• Arrival airport
- Step 2: Process your visa information into a visa application
We will contact you for reviewing your visa information and then submit your application on your behalf to Vietnam Immigration department and follow other procedures pursuant to the regulations of Immigration department to get Visa approval letter granted by Immigration department.
After we obtain the visa approval letter from the Immigration department for you, we will forward you a scanned copy of it by email (Your visa information then have been recorded to the Visa system of the Vietnam Immigration department).
Step 3: Get your visa stamp on your arrival
Just print the approval letter out, prepare 2 passport sized photos and an amount of USD for stamping fee ($25 for single entry visa; $50 for 1 month multiple entry visa ). Put all above mentioned things along with your passport in a package, then show them to Immigration officer at Vietnam arrival airports.
Upon arrival at Vietnam’s airport, expect a simple form to fill in (or you can download here to fill beforehand), present the visa approval letter, passport, photos to the Immigration officer inside the counter and look for a place to hear your name be called to get the passport back and pay for the stamping fee. The actual process takes around 15 minutes without hassle or trouble.
For those who is applicable for E-visa, our travel experts will consult case by case.
Back to top