Experience a lovely city that most tourists overlook. This two-night stopover in Laos' capital, the tranquil, beautiful city of Vientiane, will give you a glimpse of the unhurried pace of Laotian life and the richness of its history and culture.
On arrival at the Vientiane Capital, you will be met and transferred to your centrally located hotel. Vientiane is a charming and fascinating capital, with an interesting mix of Lao, Thai, Chinese, Vietnamese, French, and American influences. After a short rest, we start visiting the major sights of the capital; including the Wat Sisaket, the oldest temple with thousands of miniature Buddha statues and the former royal temple of Wat Prakeo, which previously housed the famous Emerald Buddha Image. Enroute to Lao’s national precious heritage, the famous and sacred structure of That Luang Stupa, you will have the opportunity to take some pictures of the imposing Patuxay Monument, which is well known as Vientiane’s own Arc de Triumph.
Overnight in Vientiane
After breakfast, we head out of the city. We make our way to Nam Ngum, a huge reservoir created by damming the Nam Ngum River, stopping over at Ban Keun, which is famous for its salt extraction plant and a village of local Lao rice wine wishky distillation. On arrival at the lake, we embark on a long tail boat visiting fisherman villages in varied islets. We visit some beautiful islets and take a short walk to explore the lifestyle of the local fishmen. On return, [if time permits], perhaps you might experience gambling at legal Lao casino located in the valley where you can enjoy an ideal landscape for anyone seeking for an overview of lake when the heat becomes unbearable in city. We return to Vientiane by late evening.
Overnight in Vientiane
After breakfast, we visit the Morning Market and the handweaving village of Ban Nong Bouathong (if time permits). The tour ends after your transfer to airport for departure.
· Tour prices shown are 'per person', based on a travelling party of at least 2 adults, and sharing a room. If you intend to travel alone, the cost might be much higher.
· The 'Single supplement' applies for single travelers who require their own room and needs to be added to the tour price.
· Note: Amendments CAN be made to this tour to suite your requirements, but may incur price changes
· 02 nights at hotel based on Twin/Double sharing room
· Breakfast at hotel
· English speaking guide with legal license
· Private car during the trip with experienced driver
· All Meals, Entrance fees and tour activities as dedicated in the program
· Service charges and Government’s Tax
· Bottled water & wet towel on van during trip
· Tip for Tour guide and driver (recommended)
· Bank fees for both sides
· Laos Visa US$30/person
· All International airfare
· Peak season surcharge on Christmas and New Year
· Personal expenses
1. All of our itineraries can be tailor-made to suit your requirements, allowing us to create the perfect holiday just for you. Please click on the “Tailor this trip" button and complete the requested information for us. Upon receipt, our travel consultant will customize the best value vacation for your kind consideration. Please note: Changes CAN be made to the itinerary after our initial quote, but may result in a price change also!
2. We are aware that a good tour must have good hotels. In Indochina in particular (Vietnam, Cambodia & Laos) hotel prices make up the major expense of your holiday. Therefore, we would like to clarify how we define these charges:
· Boutique & character hotels: from $50-$80 USD per room/ per night
· Comfort = 3 star hotels from US$ 40 - US$ 60 per room/ per night
· Superior = 4 star hotels from US$ 80 - US$ 110 per room/ per night
· Deluxe = 5 star hotels from US$120 - US$ 190++ per room/ per night
· High-end = Best of the best hotels fr om US$ 250++ per room/ per night
3. Child policy:
· Ages 0-2 years at 5 % of adult price
· Ages 2-5 years at 30% of adult price
· Ages 6-11 at 70% of adult price
· 12 years and older = 100% (charged as an adult)
We’ll immerse you in the diverse cultures of Vietnam by showcasing the unique local flavors. And with the perfect balance of included sightseeing and free time, you can customize your dream vacation with the things you have always wanted to do.
Most countries in South East Asia require you to obtain a visa. Please check carefully with your travel specialist regarding specific visa requirements for each country you plan to visit as the legislation does change frequently. Thailand offers a free visa on arrival to most nationalities. Other countries including Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia and Myanmar offer a “visa-on-arrival” service which requires you to pay a fee at the airport, or you may prefer to obtain this in advance through the relevant embassy or a visa agent. For visa-on-arrival in Vietnam, you must submit some paperwork before you arrive.
This is an option to get your visa for Vietnam instead of getting visa at the Vietnam consulate in your country.
Send us a quick inquiry so that we can offer you an itinerary
with price for your information. This short inquiry is FREE and
NOT a commitment for booking.