Like many places in Indochina, travelling with children in Laos can be a lot of fun and, if you are prepared for the initial long flight with youngsters in tow, a family holiday to Laos will be a truly unique and memorable experience.
Welcome to Laos, the mysterious Buddhist country with unique culture and natural beauty.
Upon your arrival in Luang Prabang, your private local guide will welcome you in the airport then escort you to your hotel in Luang Prabang city.
Rest of the day is at leisure. In the evening, enjoy a Welcome dinner at local restaurant and then you can wander around the city and the night market to discover local life of Luang Prabang.
Meals: Breakfast and Lunch
Luang Prabang, the city surrounded by Mekong River and well known for its golden city is well known for its beautiful decorated Buddhist temples, it is a place that you will keep appearing in your mind for long time after visiting.Your memorable trip will starts from partaking in an alms ritual in the morning, you will accepts the blessing by monks who you give the alms. Have breakfast in the hotel and then start the half day excursion to Kuang Si Waterfalls, where you will enjoy beautiful natural scenery, have fun in waterfalls and relax.
In the afternoon, visit the Wat Xiengthong which is symbolic temple of the classic Laotian architecture, visit the Royal Palace Museum to learn some history of Laos. Then visit the Wat Aham Temple which means “Monastery of the Opened Heart” and the Stupa of Wat Visoun.Rest of the day at your leisure to relax and explore the city, you can enjoy some drinks in one of the cafés or strolling along the beautiful riverside.
Meals; Breakfast and Lunch
Today you will embark on a private boat for a 2 hours boat trip along the Mekong River to the Pak Ou Cave. Along the boat trip, you will enjoy the beautiful scenery along the Mekong River and see daily life of local people in riverside fishing village Ban Xanghai . Visit the Pak Ou Cave which locates by the Mekong River and you will discover numbers of gold-lacquered Buddha statues in the cave. After visiting, take the boat back to Luang Prabang and rest of the day at your leisure.
Meals: Breakfast and Lunch
Enjoy a full day excursion to the Elephant Village where you will have fun with different activities with the Elephant and learn how to take care of the elephant by joining in an elephant mahout course.
In the afternoon, you will have a boat trip to the Tad Sae Waterfall where you will have fun in the clear water and relax. The activities will finish at around 3:00pm to 4:00pm, then you will be transferred back to Luang Prabang, rest of the day will be at your leisure.
Meals: Breakfast and Lunch
Enjoy relaxing time in the morning until transfer to airport for onward flight to Vientiane. On arrival, pick up and transfer hotel for check in . After short rest, we will visit the Central Market and the weaving village of Ban Nong Bouathong. Overnight in Vientiane
Meals: Breakfast and Lunch
After breakfast, we see the major sights of the capital; including the oldest Wat Sisaket, the temple with thousands of miniature Buddha statues and the former royal temple of Wat Prakeo, which previously housed the famous Emerald Buddha Image. On the way to Lao’s national precious heritage, the famous and sacred structure of That Luang Stupa, we stop enroute to take some pictures of the imposing Patuxay Monument, which is well known as Vientiane’s own Arc de Triumph.
In the afternoon we transfer out to see the Buddha Park, a scattered enchanting collection of Buddhist and Hindu sculptures on the Mekong Riverside meadow, close to the Friendship Bridge. There are approximately 200 religious images dating back over 500 years, which were created by a mysterious monk spreading his philosophy on life and revealing his ideas about the universe. A spectacular view of over the Mekong River at sunset is a perfect way to finish the day. Overnight in Vientiane.
After breakfast, we transfer to the airport for our departure flight.
· Tour prices shown are 'per person', based on a travelling party of at least 2 adults, and sharing a room. If you intend to travel alone, the cost might be much higher.
· The 'Single supplement' applies for single travelers who require their own room and needs to be added to the tour price.
· Note: Amendments CAN be made to this tour to suite your requirements, but may incur price changes
· 06 nights at hotel based on Twin/Double sharing room
· Breakfast at hotel
· English speaking guide with legal license
· Private car during the trip with experienced driver
· All Meals, Entrance fees and tour activities as dedicated in the program
· Service charges and Government’s Tax
· Bottled water & wet towel on van during trip
· Tip for Tour guide and driver (recommended)
· Bank fees for both sides
· Laos Visa US$30/person
· All International and Domestic airfares
· Personal expenses
· All not mentioned in the “Inclusion”
1. All of our itineraries can be tailor-made to suit your requirements, allowing us to create the perfect holiday just for you. Please click on the “Tailor this trip" button and complete the requested information for us. Upon receipt, our travel consultant will customize the best value vacation for your kind consideration. Please note: Changes CAN be made to the itinerary after our initial quote, but may result in a price change also!
2. We are aware that a good tour must have good hotels. In Indochina in particular (Vietnam, Cambodia & Laos) hotel prices make up the major expense of your holiday. Therefore, we would like to clarify how we define these charges:
· Boutique & character hotels: from $50-$80 USD per room/ per night
· Comfort = 3 star hotels from US$ 40 - US$ 60 per room/ per night
· Superior = 4 star hotels from US$ 80 - US$ 110 per room/ per night
· Deluxe = 5 star hotels from US$120 - US$ 190++ per room/ per night
· High-end = Best of the best hotels fr om US$ 250++ per room/ per night
3. Child policy:
· Ages 0-2 years at 5 % of adult price
· Ages 2-5 years at 30% of adult price
· Ages 6-11 at 70% of adult price
· 12 years and older = 100% (charged as an adult)
We’ll immerse you in the diverse cultures of Vietnam by showcasing the unique local flavors. And with the perfect balance of included sightseeing and free time, you can customize your dream vacation with the things you have always wanted to do.
Most countries in South East Asia require you to obtain a visa. Please check carefully with your travel specialist regarding specific visa requirements for each country you plan to visit as the legislation does change frequently. Thailand offers a free visa on arrival to most nationalities. Other countries including Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia and Myanmar offer a “visa-on-arrival” service which requires you to pay a fee at the airport, or you may prefer to obtain this in advance through the relevant embassy or a visa agent. For visa-on-arrival in Vietnam, you must submit some paperwork before you arrive.
This is an option to get your visa for Vietnam instead of getting visa at the Vietnam consulate in your country.
Step 3: Send the visa approval letter via email to you after 2 working days
After we obtain the visa approval letter from the Immigration department for you, we will forward you a scanned copy of it by email (Your visa information then have been recorded to the Visa system of the Vietnam Immigration department).
Step 4: Get your visa stamp on your arrival
Just print the approval letter out, prepare 2 passport sized photos and an amount of USD for stamping fee ($45 for single entry visa; $65 for 1 month multiple entry visa and $95 for 3 multiple entry visa). Put all above mentioned things along with your passport in a package, then show them to Immigration officer at Vietnam arrival airports.
Upon arrival at Vietnam’s airport, expect a simple form to fill in (or you can download here to fill beforehand), present the visa approval letter, passport, photos to the Immigration officer inside the counter and look for a place to hear your name be called to get the passport back and pay for the stamping fee. The actual process takes around 15 minutes without hassle or trouble.
What are the differences between this process and getting visa at Vietnam embassies?
It is only applicable for those who travel to Vietnam by air. You only need fill out the visa application form online instead of visiting the Vietnam embassies or sending documents to Embassies over by post.The online visa application does not require sending your passport away.You get a visa approval letter issued by Vietnam Immigration Department indicating that you are allowed to enter Vietnam and have your visa stamped upon arrival at one of Vietnam international airports.
Send us a quick inquiry so that we can offer you an itinerary
with price for your information. This short inquiry is FREE and
NOT a commitment for booking.