Hanoi to Angkor - 12 days
Destination: Hanoi - Halong bay - Mai Chau - HCMC - Mekong delta - Cu Chi - Angkor Wat
Tour style: Classic tour
Overview: Discover the spectacular sights, delectable cuisine and rich history of Vietnam and Cambodia, on an unforgettable journey from Hanoi and the limestone peaks of Halong Bay, to Siem Reap and the magnificent temples of Angkor. Visiting some ethnic tribes in Mai Chau valley, bustling Ho Chi Minh city and fertile Mekong delta en route.
Finish date: December 28th, 2015
Seats purchased: 0
Available seats: 8+
Meet and greet: Upon arrival at Hanoi Airport, obtain your Vietnam visa ( with pre-approval letter), and then clear Immigration and Customs. After collecting your baggage, exit the airport to meet outside a local Guide of Asianway Travel . He/she will be holding a sign with your names on it. Please note that local guides are not allowed inside the airport. From the airport, you will be privately transferred to your lovely hotel. Settle in and enjoy the rest of day at your leisure.
In the evening, you will enjoy a welcome dinner & music performance at local restaurant.
Accommodation: Stay 3 nights in Hanoi
This afternoon, drive through Colonial Hanoi, seeing the Opera House and other local sights. Go inside infamous Hoa Lo Prison (“Hanoi Hilton”), where Senator John McCain and Douglas “Pete” Wilson were once imprisoned, and continue to the Temple of Literature, which dates back to 1070 and is dedicated to the cult of Confucius. Take a cyclo ride through the Hanoi’s Old Quarter, a network of narrow alleys and shop houses also known as “The 36 Streets.” This is a wonderful place to watch the local life, and peruse items from fabrics to crafts to exotic medicines. Enjoy a traditional Vietnamese water puppet performance, a uniquely North Vietnamese art form celebrating rural life and folklore for over 1,000 years, this evening.
After breakfast you will leave Hanoi for the 3.5 hour journey to Halong Bay, passing through a number of North Vietnamese towns and villages. Upon arrival you will be welcomed aboard your traditional junk; designed in the same style as those that have sailed the bay for 100’s of years. Begin a relaxing and unforgettable cruise around the breathtaking and unique limestone karsts and islets. A delicious fresh seafood lunch will be served as you cruise this spectacular bay, a UNESCO listed site. After lunch you will explore some of Halong Bay's famous caves by bamboo boat or kayaking based on your preference. And then reach on the top of Soi Sim beach to have a panorama view of Halong Bay. All activities arranged by the cruise are on a shared basis
Return to your junk boat to watch a cooking class or fruits & vegetable carving on sundeck – How to make spring rolls. Then enjoy Sunset Party together and Happy Hour (buys two drinks, gets one free from 18.00 to 19.00). It is time for chit chat and relaxing before enjoy your dinner and evening activities around the bar.
Please note: Program may differ slightly base on cruise ships. An extra night can be added to the program. If your time is flexible, we highly recommend it.
Accommodation: Stay 1 night onboard, in a private cabin with en-suite bathroom.
After breakfast, we leave Hanoi to Mai Chau with tour guide and driver.
In the afternoon, cycle to explore Mai Chau beautiful ethnic villages including Na Thia, Nhot, Pom Coong, Lac and Chieng Chau villages. Be welcomed by the friendly local people, talk with them and discover their traditional culture. Total cycling time is around 2 – 3 hours on flat village paths. Take it all in: the spectacular scenery of Mai Chau and the relaxed rhythm of local life. For evening enjoyment, you may choose to take part in a traditional dance show with Ruou Can (a local wine), a cooking class, a weaving class or all.
Accommodation: Stay 1 night at Mai Chau Ecolodge.
Fly Hanoi to HCMC on Vietnam Airlines VN 261, departing 18:35, arriving 20:40.
Welcome to HCMC. Upon arrival at HCMC Airport, you will be privately transferred to your lovely hotel . Settle in and enjoy the rest of day at your leisure.
Accommodation: Stay 4 nights in Ho Chi Minh city
Afternoon tour of HCMC: we’ll discover Saigon's historic landmarks including the War Remnants Museum, established in September 1975 in Ho Chi Minh City, it contains countless artifacts, photographs and pictures documenting some of the less heroic activities carried out by the US army in Vietnam. Planes, tanks, bombs and helicopters are also on display. Next visit the FITO Museum, it is the first museum of Vietnamese medicine. On display are nearly 3,000 items dating back to the Stone Age. Exhibits include tools used to prepare medicine, knives, mortars and pestles, documents and objects from a traditional pharmacy. The museum regularly screens a documentary about the history of medicine. Continue visiting to the 1880's General Post Office and the late 19th century Notre Dame cathedral, located in a peaceful part of the city. Ending at Ben Thanh Market or House of Saigon for shopping and café.
Please note: The city tour program is flexible. Your guide will be more than happy to adjust the tour itinerary to suit you. You can skip one site or add another if you so wish.
Optional excursion: Please contact us if you interest.
1. The Mist Show (modern dance and ballet) at Saigon Opera house (Price from US$ 20 to US$ 45/ per ticket)
2. A O show (bamboo dance, acrobatic & music) – at Saigon Opera (Price from US$ 20 to US$ 45/ per ticket)
3. Saigon’s nightlife & foodies tour by Scooters ( 2.5 hour )
4. Shrine bar: Cocktails & dining @ 64 Ton That Thiep str, Dist 1, HCMC
On arrival in Cai Be embarkation, set off by motor boat to visit the Cai Be floating market and watch the locals trading fruit and many other commodities on board their vessels. Visit a small family business to see how coconut candy and crispy rice popcorn are made. Then wander into the small villages to visit the orchard and fruit plantation, accompanied by traditional southern Vietnamese folk music. Keep cruising through a series of small canals to experience the charms of the Upper Mekong Delta. Arrive in Tan Phong island, the green pearl of Vinh Long town where you can immerse yourself in nature. Enjoy your cooking experience and learn how to prepare special Vietnamese dishes. Food cooked by yourself and fresh river food served in the heart of the garden. Relax on the hammocks to get back your energy.
Afternoon we cycle around the village path with fruit orchards and bonsai garden. Cycle around the village path with fruit orchards and bonsai garden. Meet the local islanders to learn more about the local daily life in the Mekong delta. Take a boat ride back to Cai Be, meet your bus for the trip back to Hochiminh city.
In the late afternoon and sunset hours, explore the most famous of all the temples on the plain of Angkor: Angkor Wat. The temple complex covers 81 hectares and is comparable in size to the Imperial Palace in Beijing. Its distinctive five towers are emblazoned on the Cambodian flag and the 12th century masterpiece is considered by art historians to be the prime example of classical Khmer art and architecture. Angkor Wat’s five towers symbolize Meru’s five peaks – the enclosed wall represents the mountains at the edge of the world and the surrounding moat, the ocean beyond. Sunset at Angkor Wat.
After dusk, you'll be returned to your hotel with the evening free to relax or explore independently.
Optional excursion: Please contact us if you interest.
Enjoy an Elephant Ride : Enjoy a 20-minute ride on these majestic and good-natured animals from South Gate of Angkor Thom to Bayon or around Bayon Temple.
Afternoon tour of Banteay Srei: Later this afternoon, journey north to visit Banteay Srei. This petite pink temple is the jewel in the crown of Angkor-era sculpture. The elaborate carvings here are the finest found in Cambodia and the name translates as ‘Fortress of the Women', thanks to the intricate detail here, considered too fine for the hands of a man. Originally believed to date from the latter part of the Angkor period, inscriptions at the site suggest it was built by a Brahman in 967. However, some architectural historians have suggested that the inscriptions may date from an earlier structure on this site and the temple is in fact later, marking a high-water mark in Khmer sculpture. Stop at a local village to visit families who are producing palm sugar.
This evening, walk up Phnom Bakheng for a sunset view of Angkor Wat and the surrounding areas. This view provides a wonderful overview of the entire area.
Please note: The tour program is flexible. Your guide will be more than happy to adjust the tour itinerary to suit you. You can skip one site or add another if you so wish.
Suggestion: If your departure flight is in the afternoon or evening, you can think about taking a morning tour to Lake Tonle Sap:
"This is an excursion to the floating village of Chong Khneas, located 10 kilometers south of Siem Reap and then take a traditional wooden boat for a ride on the Tonle Sap Lake, the "Great Lake"of Cambodia, one of the largest in Asia"
- Tour prices shown are 'per person', based on a travelling party of at least 2 adults, and sharing a room. If you intend to travel alone, the cost might be much higher. However, you also earn money by using the "Find travel mate" button above to invite your friends and family, traveller forum's members to book this tour with you.
- The 'Single supplement' applies for single travelers who require their own room and needs to be added to the tour price.
- Note: Amendments CAN be made to this tour to suite your requirements, but may incur price changes
• 10 nights base in double/twin sharing rooms at centrally located & well sel ected Comfort hotels (3 star-hotel).
[ Superior (4 star-hotel), Luxury (5- star hotel), High-end (best of the best hotel) properties are also available upon request]
• 1 night on board cruise in Halong Bay
• Daily buffet or set breakfast at hotel and all hotels taxes and service charges.
• All flights in tour (baggage allowance of 20kg checked and 7kg carry on)
• Pick-ups and transfers by private air-conditioned vehicle as specified in the itinerary.
• Travel by air-conditioned vehicle with an experienced, safe driver.
• Sightseeing with local, English-speaking guides as indicated in the itinerary.
• Meals included as indicated as in program: B: breakfast, L: lunch & D: dinner.
• Boat cruise as specified in the programmed.
• Entrance fees according the above program
• Local bottled water while sightseeing and transfers
• VAT and all taxes and service charge.
• Complimentary Vietnam visa pre- approval letter
• International flight tickets and Visas stamp
• Any items of purely personal nature such as laundry and telephone calls
• Personal, travel and health insurance
• Early check in and late check out
• Single room supplement if request
• Drinks during meals
• Meals that are not specified
• Gratuities/tipping to tour guide, driver and hotel staff and restaurant’s staff
• Surcharge for peak season & compulsory dinner on X’mas and New Year’s Even
1. All of our itineraries can be tailor-made to suit your requirements, allowing us to create the perfect holiday just for you. Please click on the “Tailor this trip" button and complete the requested information for us. Upon receipt, our travel consultant will customize the best value vacation for your kind consideration. Please note: Changes CAN be made to the itinerary after our initial quote, but may result in a price change also!
2. We are aware that a good tour must have good hotels. In Indochina in particular (Vietnam, Cambodia & Laos) hotel prices make up the major expense of your holiday. Therefore, we would like to clarify how we define these charges:
• Boutique & character hotels : from $50-$80 USD per room/ per night3. Child policy:
• Comfort = 3 star hotels from US$ 40 - US$ 60 per room/ per night
• Superior = 4 star hotels from US$ 80 - US$ 110 per room/ per night
• Deluxe = 5 star hotels from US$120 - US$ 190++ per room/ per night
• High-end = Best of the best hotels fr om US$ 250++ per room/ per night.
• Ages 0-2 years at 5 % of adult price
• Ages 2-5 years at 30% of adult price
• Ages 6-11 at 70% of adult price
• 12 years and older = 100% (charged as an adult).
Service Details During The Trip
We’ll immerse you in the diverse cultures of Vietnam by showcasing the unique local flavors. And with the perfect balance of included sightseeing and free time, you can customize your dream vacation with the things you have always wanted to do.
Private Local Tour Guide You will have legally licensed local tour guide in each destination, from welcome and farewell you at the airport. Your guide will guide, help, assist and taking care of you in order to make your tour worry-free. The good guide for you means we arrange the right guide. Asianwaytravel.com will arrange tour guide base on the feature of the itinerary and consists of the group, to maximize your experiences in traveling.
Private Drivers & Vehicle
Safety is first priority for transportation. A well maintained good condition car with legal business licensed and an experienced driver to make sure you are in safe hands. To maximize your comfort and joyful experience with driving service, cold drinking water, cold towel and soft drink are provided in the car.
Local Flavor Meals Don’t worry about meals; we select both restaurants and menus for you. Asianwaytravel.com will select clean and good environment restaurants for our customer. Menu is also carefully selected by us to ensure you try different food every meal.
We will recommend and arrange local cuisine since it is part of the cultural experience while traveling. We also recommend dinners are free on your own so you can choose your favorite food by yourself under necessary assistance of your local guide.
Comfort and good value is our priority for choosing hotels for our customers. Comfort of mattress and bedding, joyful decoration style, user friendly facilities, good service and good breakfast!
Most countries in South East Asia require you to obtain a visa. Please check carefully with your travel specialist regarding specific visa requirements for each country you plan to visit as the legislation does change frequently. Thailand offers a free visa on arrival to most nationalities. Other countries including Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia and Myanmar offer a “visa-on-arrival” service which requires you to pay a fee at the airport, or you may prefer to obtain this in advance through the relevant embassy or a visa agent. For visa-on-arrival in Vietnam, you must submit some paperwork before you arrive.
This is an option to get your visa for Vietnam instead of getting visa at the Vietnam consulate in your country.
Step 1: Provide us your application details
- Your full name (as exactly seen on your passport)
- Your gender
- Your date of birth
- Your nationality
- Your passport number
- Your passport expiration dates ( valid for at least 6 months)
- Date of arrival ( dd/mm/yy)
- Date of exit (dd/mm/yy)
- Arrival airport
Step 2: Process your visa information into a visa application
We will contact you for reviewing your visa information and then submit your application on your behalf to Vietnam Immigration department and follow other procedures pursuant to the regulations of Immigration department to get Visa approval letter granted by Immigration department.
Step 3: Send the visa approval letter via email to you after 2 working days
After we obtain the visa approval letter from the Immigration department for you, we will forward you a scanned copy of it by email (Your visa information then have been recorded to the Visa system of the Vietnam Immigration department).
Step 4: Get your visa stamp on your arrival
Just print the approval letter out, prepare 2 passport sized photos and an amount of USD for stamping fee ($45 for single entry visa; $65 for 1 month multiple entry visa and $95 for 3 multiple entry visa). Put all above mentioned things along with your passport in a package, then show them to Immigration officer at Vietnam arrival airports.
Upon arrival at Vietnam’s airport, expect a simple form to fill in (or you can download here to fill beforehand), present the visa approval letter, passport, photos to the Immigration officer inside the counter and look for a place to hear your name be called to get the passport back and pay for the stamping fee. The actual process takes around 15 minutes without hassle or trouble.
What are the differences between this process and getting visa at Vietnam embassies?
It is only applicable for those who travel to Vietnam by air. You only need fill out the visa application form online instead of visiting the Vietnam embassies or sending documents to Embassies over by post.The online visa application does not require sending your passport away.You get a visa approval letter issued by Vietnam Immigration Department indicating that you are allowed to enter Vietnam and have your visa stamped upon arrival at one of Vietnam international airports.